Friday 31 October 2014

Two Lads and Mast

Tonight, Ruby and I ran up to Two Lads and then up towards the mast.  Whilst running in the dark, I lost track of my usual cross-country route to the mast and ended up on the mast road instead.  Probably for the best, as my cross-country path is very boggy at the minute.  We ran up the mast road but Ruby was really starting to tire so once we got to the cattle grid we just turned around and went back down the road.  We turned off towards the water tanks and then ran down to George's Lane before running back through Wilderswood and home.

I ordered my new Hope head torch today.  I went for the R4 as I managed to find it for only a small amount more than the R1.  Hopefully it will arrive early next week.  I can't wait to give it a try out!  Should be like running in daylight.


Total distance - 4.35 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/213967799

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get your torch from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from Merlin Cycles. They sell the R4 with five different battery options. The one I have got is the smallest battery options but the full beam lasts for 1 hour 15 minutes. When speaking to others, they don't use the full setting very often at all and use setting three (there are six settings) so that means it should last much longer than that. It was £145, but they had an extra 10% off at the checkout when I ordered it on Friday. Free delivery too!

    ReplyDelete