Friday 11 December 2015

Running at 5.50 in the Morning!!!


It is our firm’s Christmas party tonight so I wanted to get some exercise in to pre-burn all the calories I’ll be scoffing later. 

I had arranged to run with Rachel first thing from the office and so I decided that to make the run longer, I would also run down to the train station.  Problem is, I had to take not only my clothes for getting changed into when I got to work but also my clothes for the party in the evening, together with a pair of boots, make up, perfume, etc.  My bag was pretty heavy but it’s not far to run and is all down hill so it wasn’t too bad.  I was pretty slow but didn’t expect anything other than that, given it was before 6am and I was carrying a heavy load. 

Distance – 2.75 miles

When I arrived at the train station, I realised I had a text from Rachel saying that she had overslept and therefore wouldn’t be running.  I don’t really like running in Manchester on my own but decided to man up and do it anyway because I had wanted to get at least six miles in today, due to not having done much in the week.  Just to be safe, I took my attack spray with me, which had been attached to my backpack. 

I did the usual run to and around the Etihad stadium and was pretty impressed with how quickly I did it.  My pace was 8.39 minute mile but that includes the time spent stopped waiting for traffic which was over a minute so I’m looking forward to uploading my Garmin and seeing what my moving pace was.

Distance – 3.5 miles

Total distance – 6.25 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment