Monday 14 December 2015

Fancy Dress Cake Run and Secret Santa


At tonight’s Monday night cake run, some of us decided to get our fancy dress on for the occasion.  When I arrived at the barn dressed as an elf, I was slightly alarmed to see that nobody else was there, other than Albert’s empty van.  Eventually everyone turned up though and it was good to see that others had put on their fancy dress and hadn’t just conned me into being the only one.  Josie had arrived in her PJ’s, Albert as a reindeer and Mark as Ironman! 

Josie and I did comment that it felt quite liberating running in ridiculous clothing and she was happy that she could just go straight home and get in bed without having to get changed.  Judging by the mud accumulated on the PJ trouser legs though, I fear this plan may not have come to fruition.

We were also joined by Jocelyn, Josh and Tony who were all dressed up as fell runners. 

We did the usual Monday night run and it was incredibly foggy up on the tops.  When we reached the mast road, I saw a bike looming towards us and it turned out to be Colin Jones.  I wonder what was going through his head when he suddenly saw an elf emerging through the fog, followed by a girl in PJs?

After chatting to Colin for a while, I started to get really cold so just wanted to get moving.  Turns out an elf outfit isn’t great in the rain. 

We went down the diagonal and down to dangerous corner and were heading back to the barn when we bumped into Duncan and his mate, Dwain, out on their mountain bikes.  Again we had a brief natter then carried on back to the barn where we were greeted by a group of hillbillies who had come out to join us for cakes and our secret santa exchange. 




We had a great laugh exchanging gifts and there were some hilarious ones, like Speedy’s t-shirt and Mark’s veg box.  My gift from Michele (secret santa became not so secret santa) was a selfie stick!  Or a stick of narcissism as I prefer to call it.  I also got a lovely ‘writer’s block’ pencil and sharpener set which were designed as a plunger and toilet!  Ha ha, secret santa is great fun!


Total distance – 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment