Sunday 27 December 2015

Overindulging

Today I wanted to get a long run in to burn off all the calories from the last couple of days.  However, I think the overindulgence was my undoing.  I had nothing.  My climb up to George's Lane from home was pitiful.  I was a little better on the climb to the water tanks, as I ran with Derek Kay so the chatting helped pass the time and ease the pain.  I had to stop at the tanks for a breather though whilst Derek carried on towards the quarries and Matchmore Lane.

After my breather, I headed along to Coal Pit Road, continuing on along the road, past the Trespass Stone, then turning left up the hill, coming out at the far end of Smithills Reservoir.

I ran around the reservoir and, on my way down towards the shooting hut, the view was breathtaking so I had to stop to take some photos. As always, my photos do the actual view no justice!








My shadow with a halo! 


Eventually, I carried on past the shooting hut and up to the mast.  From there, I ran down the mast road and then up Two Lads, before dropping down to the kennels.  I then started heading over towards the Pigeon Tower but decided that enough was enough.  I was shuffling pathetically so thought I might as well just admit defeat and try again at a long run tomorrow.

Ah well, it's not all bad, it was a beautiful day and it felt great to be out in it.

Total distance - 8 miles

2 comments:

  1. It's not your 'shadow with a halo', it's a Brocken Spectre - quite special!

    ReplyDelete