Friday 19 February 2016

Ten Miles of Belly Ache

I was off work today as we're travelling up to Glasgow later on for the weekend and going to watch the athletics tomorrow.

Duncan was working this morning though so he again dropped me off at Wallsuches on his way to work although today I didn't have Ruby with me as she is staying with her grandparents for the weekend.

I didn't do much climbing today and just ran the length of George's Lane, coming out onto the road to Belmont and then turned left along the road, before turning right onto the path through the fields and towards Higher and Lower Hempshaws.  I carried on along the path, eventually coming out into Lead Mines Clough.  I did a loop around the clough and then ran out onto the road down to Yarrow Reservoir, then turned left along the side of the reservoir all the way down to Dean Brook and into Rivington.

I then ran along the path to the side of the road all the way to the school then home.

About two miles in, my stomach started to hurt and I kept having bouts of feeling really sick.  They only lasted a few seconds and if I stopped they went away but it wasn't nice to have to put up with this for eight miles.


Total distance - 10 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment