Thursday 25 February 2016

Ruby’s Decade


 

I can’t believe I forgot to mention this earlier in the week but Ruby turned 10 on Tuesday! 

 

You might think that’s old for a dog but it’s not really for a Patterdale, they can live to around 18.  She’s still going very strong too as, of the 22.5 miles I’ve run so far this week, she has done 17.5 of them with me.  There was only my canal run on Tuesday that she didn’t accompany me, for obvious reasons!

 

Since we’ve had her, she has gone much greyer around the face though and now looks wizened, which is definitely misleading as she’s still, to use Duncan’s analogy, ‘thick as mince’. 

 

Today, we ran along to the top barn, then to the pigeon tower carpark and zigzagged our way up to the pigeon tower before running up the Pike.  We had a natter with a mountain biker on the Pike for a while before running down the steep side, where Ruby was constantly getting under my feet. 

 

We then ran along George’s Lane to Wilderswood car park where we bumped into Ruby’s former ‘daddy’, Sean, who had a couple of Ruby’s old pals with him.  Sean commented on what good shape Ruby was in and I told him it had just been her birthday and he couldn’t believe she was already ten. 

 

From Wilderswood we ran down Old Rake, past the stud and down Brownlow before going home. 

 

Total distance – 5.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment