Monday 22 February 2016

Pigging Out!

After quite a heavy drinking and eating weekend in Glasgow (you should have seen what I had for my breakfast yesterday on the all you can eat full and continental buffet - it would make you sick!), I needed to get out for a run today to burn off some calories.

I had a bit of a lie in and then ran with Ruby up from the house onto George's Lane.  I was really tired and lethargic though so rather than climbing up any further, we just stayed on George's Lane and ran along towards the Pike.  I came alive a bit then though and decided to climb the Pike, which I managed surprisingly well.  After a brief chat with a fellow runner on the top, we ran back down the curly route just to get some distance in, coming out at the old toilet block.  We then went along to the Pigeon Tower and doubled back on ourselves through the terraced gardens, coming back out at the toilet block.

It was then an easy jog back along George's Lane and down the side of Wilderswood, home.

Total distance - 5 miles


OK, in case you're intrigued at what I had for breakfast yesterday, I'll confess:

First serving - two sausages, two rashers of bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, beans, two hash browns, two wholemeal toasts with butter.

Second serving - Pain au chocolat, flapjack triangle, raisin swirl.

Third serving - Two more pain au chocolats, blueberry muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment