Tuesday 23 February 2016

Lunch Run on My Billy

After much deliberation, I dragged myself out at lunch today for my first run along the canal without company.

Once out, it wasn't too bad and I was really motoring along but my shins, particularly my left one, were really sore.  After just over a mile I had to stop to have a stretch before continuing along.  It hadn't helped and I was thinking that I should probably turn back.

I decided to carry on at least as far as the wasteland and, once I got there, I stopped again for another stretch.  Again, I thought I should probably turn around but then decided that it wasn't too far now until the turn around point anyway so I'd keep going and hope it wore off.

Eventually, after about three miles, it did wear off and I felt fine.

I actually found that I had run at a pretty fast pace (8.19 min mile) during my run, the last mile being in a 7.33 pace!  I'm not sure if I can count that pace though, given I stopped a few times and therefore had a bit of a rest.

Total distance - 5 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment