Monday 26 May 2014

Sunny Run with Ruby

Duncan went out on a bike ride with his mate, Nige, this morning so I set off for a run with Ruby at the same time.  We all headed straight up the continuation of Brownlow Road towards Wylderswood Stud.  I left the boys when we got to the bottom of Wilderswood though as I went up through the wood and they stayed on the path which goes off to the left up to George's Lane.  I came out onto George's Lane and headed off towards the Pike, thinking that I would bump into them as they emerged onto George's Lane but I didn't.  I carried on along and ran up the Pike where I got chatting to a mountain biker on the top.  A bit later I saw Duncan and Nige riding along George's Lane passing the Pike so I decided to run down my favourite bit and try to catch them up.

I managed to catch up to them at the Pigeon Tower so stopped for a discussion on what routes we were taking next.  I decided to run along Belmont Road and then head up the diagonal to the mast.  I'm not entirely sure what they decided to do as Duncan couldn't make his mind up so I just left them there.

I got to the diagonal where a couple of lads and a girl were doing reps so I stopped for a chat with them and they said they were training for the Three Peaks Challenge in July.  Good luck guys!  I think I Saw Duncan and Nige down on Belmont Road at this point, but I'm not sure and carried on up the diagonal.  Needless to say, as I had stopped for a while I ended up 5 minutes slower than my Strava PB although I don't think I would have beaten it anyway as I was feeling a bit lethargic this morning.

Once onto the mast road I headed down and, just after the mast, turned off to the right to head cross-country to Two Lads.  From there we ran down the west (?) side to come out on the bend of George's Lane.  I really tried to beat my Strava PB on this bit again but have uploaded my results and am way off.  I think I stopped too early at the bottom as I stopped at the kissing gate but the segment on Strava seems to go on a bit further.  I also had to dodge my way around two horses just before the kissing gate too as they were right on the path and I didn't fancy getting that close to their back ends in case they decided to give me a swift kick. I also had to yell at Ruby to get her away from them before she got a hoof in the face.

We then headed down the path which Duncan and Nige had come up earlier and takes you back down to Brownlow Road.

It was a lovely morning for a run out on the tops and I had Ruby off the lead almost the entire time which was great.

A bit of a chill now and then off to be in the audience of 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown in a couple of hours.  Can't wait!

Total distance - 7 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/145711409

No comments:

Post a Comment