Monday 5 May 2014

Anglezarke via White Coppice

This morning I drove out to Knowsley Road to head out for a steady run around Anglezarke on such a lovely morning.

I ran towards Anglezarke car park and then along the path following the edge of the reservoir and heading through Gorsyfield Woods (I didn't know this is what it was called but it came up as a segment on Strava).

I carried on through the farm fields and eventually came out at Waterman's Cottage.  Deciding that if I continued along the reservoir I wouldn't get a long enough run in, I diverted a little and headed to White Coppice.

I went past all those scary sheep again but today, not having Ruby with me, they were completely different and just minded their own business whilst I passed, even though I got really close to their lambs.

I got to White Coppice and then headed back along the parallel path back to Waterman's Cottage and then up 'Higher House Lane Climb' (another segment on Strava).

I carried on along Heapey Fold Lane then out onto Back Lane.  I then turned off on the left and headed along the (still muddy) path into the fields which come out onto Knowsley Road opposite The Street so from there I just headed back to the car.

It was a lovely run and I had set off with just an easy run in mind but, as I was feeling really energetic, I picked up the pace a little and pushed myself a bit more.

My hip pain is still ongoing but it doesn't actually hurt when I run so it's hard to know whether I'm overdoing it or not.  I actually found something on the internet yesterday which perfectly described the pain I have in both my hip and groin (the groin thing only hurts when I cough, sneeze or do crunches!) and said that the hip will feel fine on running but then a few hours later it will seize up on activities like getting out of a car.  This happens to me all the time, even though I stretch and ice after running.  It's definitely getting better though so I just need to keep up with the strengthening exercises Maria gave me.

Total distance - 5.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment