Wednesday 15 July 2015

Run to Limbrick

I wasn't looking forward to today's session.  I'm now in the 'going further' stage of my training plan (the last stage was 'getting faster') and the first session in this phase was an 8.5 mile 'fast' session.  The goal pace for the session was 8.21 to 8.48 minute mile and I'm sad to say I didn't quite make it, managing an 8.58 pace overall.  However, it's not all doom and gloom because most of my miles were within the specified pace.  The reason the overall pace was slow is because 1) mile 5 involved a big hill that took me completely by surprise and it slowed my average pace right down (that mile took just over 10 minutes) and 2) my last mile and a half through Rivington were really hard work and I was getting incredibly tired by this point.  All other miles were really good and broken down as follows:

Mile 1 - 8.38
Mile 2 - 8.40
Mile 3 - 8.54
Mile 4 - 8.10
Mile 5 - 10.07
Mile 6 - 8.43
Mile 7 - 8.40
Mile 8 - 9.29
Last half mile - 9.44

The last half mile is really bad because I actually stopped dead for about 20-30 seconds trying to stop myself from throwing up.

The route I took was through Rivington, along Horrobin Lane to the top then turning right and following the road into Limbrick.  I then turned right after the Black Horse in Limbrick and followed the road back to the Yew Tree.  The bit after the Black Horse was the bit with the big hill that I hadn't bargained for when I chose this route which I had thought was pretty flat.  From the Yew Tree, I ran along The Street, back into Rivington and then home by the side of the reservoir.

Total distance - 8.5 miles (+ short warm up and cool down, approx 1 mile altogether) 

No comments:

Post a Comment