Thursday 2 July 2015

3 x 1 mile at 7.35 pace with 1/2 mile jogs

Whilst I really like the idea of the speed sessions recommended to me by Gareth, I want to stick to my original training plan at the minute, rather than start going down a different route mid-plan so I'm going to save Gareth's plan until after my event and use it to attain my next goal, whatever that may be!

Today I went back to the speed session from my original plan, which involved a warm up then 3 x 1 mile reps at my goal 5k pace of 7.35 minute mile, with half mile jogs between each rep, followed by a cool down.

I managed the reps as follows:

Mile 1 - 7.17
Mile 2 - 7.34
Mile 3 - 7.37

I'm actually really pleased at how consistent they were and that the last one wasn't a huge amount slower than the first.

Total distance - 5.7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment