Thursday 23 July 2015

Locked Out!

Tonight I drove over to Horrobin Lane for what can loosely be described as a speed session.  The reason I say loosely is because my heart wasn't in it tonight.  My quads are still sore from Tuesday and I'm trying to save myself for Coope's Dozen on Saturday and have to run in the morning and go to spin at altitude tomorrow evening so I didn't want to wear myself out too much tonight.

I warmed up for just over a mile and then did three sets of one mile reps at a quick-ish pace, then cooled down until I reached 6 miles.

Splits:

Mile 1 - 7.44
Mile 2 - 7.33
Mile 3 - 7.32

I drove home feeling like I'd actually had a pretty good workout and was looking forward to settling down for tea and chilling out.

When I got there, however, my key didn't seem to want to go into the lock.  I tried for ages, knowing full well what had happened but hoping I was wrong.  Duncan had gone out on his bike through the garage and had locked the front door from the inside and left the key in it!  After wandering around the back to see if there was anyway I could get in, I gave up and got back in the car as, by now, I was getting quite cold having not taken any top layers out with me.  I decided to drive up to George's Lane to see if I could see Duncan out on his bike anyway.

Good luck was on my side as I saw him and Barry crossing the road by the Jolly Crofters so I flagged them down and got the key.

Flippin' idiot!!!

Total distance - 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment