Wednesday 8 July 2015

How Much Energy is Spent Talking?

I ran along the canal at lunch with Kathryn today and towards the end I was feeling really sluggish and couldn’t wait to stop.  When we had finished, I looked at my watch to find that our pace had been pretty slow, i.e. 8.40 minute mile pace.  When I run at this pace on my own I feel really comfortable and could run at it for a good length of time, however during the 5.5 miles I run with Kathryn I find this pace much harder.  Is that because I’m using up all my energy chatting?  You’d think that running with somebody else would take your mind of the pain/tiredness, which it does to an extent however I have found that overall I run slower when I’m with somebody else than I do on my own.
Since originally typing this I have spent the afternoon feeling really ill so that may account somewhat for my poor run however I still maintain that I find a comfortable pace much less comfortable when I run with somebody else than when I run on my own. 
Also, Strava is a liar as it shows Kathryn ran half a mile more than me! 
Unless she sneaked back out and did a little extra???

Total distance - 5.3 miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment