Sunday 12 July 2015

Fun on the Hills

On the training calendar today was a comfortable 8.5 miles.  The target pace was supposed to be between 8.50 and 9.45 minute mile but I decided to go up onto the hills instead, meaning that my pace would be much slower, however it would still be as good a workout because there would be far more effort involved.

It was amazing! I've really missed running on the fells because for the past couple of months the most I've done up there is my once or twice a week easy/recovery run with Ruby to Two Lads.

I firstly ran up through Wilderswood and along to the Pike which I climbed with ease for a change.  I then ran cross-country to Noon Hill which, as usual, was incredibly boggy.

From Noon Hill I ran down to Belmont Road and then up the diagonal to the trig point.  I climbed there pretty well too which I was pleased with.

I then ran to Scotsman's Stump and along the flagging and up to the 'secret' reservoir.  After running to the other side of the reservoir, I turned right down the hill, coming out onto Coal Pit Road and then ran along through the farms out to the Mast Road.

It was then up to Two Lads before dropping back down through Wilderswood and home.

Great run, felt amazing to back up on the hills.  Much more fulfilling than road running!


Total distance - 9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment