Saturday 21 February 2015

A Bit Thin on the Ground

That relates both to the lack of fellow runners this morning and to the amount of snow on the ground. 
Only myself and Ed braving the wintry conditions this morning.  We decided not to hang around thinking about where to run to and just head straight up the Pike to get warmed up.  Ed told me that when I got to the top, I had to go back down the curly bit and back up the steps, which I did but instead of going up the steps I attempted the grassy slope to the side of them but it was far too slippery and I just kept sliding back down again. 
We then ran along to Two Lads where it was very chilly.



From there, we decided to head along to the trespass stone then up to the trig point, however, when we were running along Coal Pit Road, I asked Ed where the footpath on the right went so we decided to go along it to find out.  It’s the one which is off the road down to the farm and takes you through a lovely wooded area which looked a lot like Tiger’s Clough.

We eventually came out at a farm and then made our way back to Coal Pit Road.  We decided against going up to the trig point and just made our way back towards Two Lads via the lower route.  We crossed the mast road, went along to the water tanks and then down onto George’s Lane before heading back to the car park through the terraced gardens.
A very chilly morning and we both wimped out of doing anything more energetic. 
Total distance – 9.15 miles
https://www.strava.com/activities/258949854




No comments:

Post a Comment