Sunday 23 March 2014

Whithorn, Dumfries and Galloway


Due to having a chesty cold all week, this is actually my first, and last, run of the week.  It's also the first run of my holiday in Scotland.

We are staying in a cottage between Whithorn and Gairlston on the south coast of Scotland in Dumfries and Galloway.  Our cottage is gorgeous and has a huge garden, complete with a secret hideout with chairs in to have a cheeky drink under the stars.

There is a coast path right outside the cottage which I was looking forward to having as my morning run however, it turns out that most of it is just along the edge of farm fields, which are full of bulls and so running through them with Ruby isn't too appealing.

Instead, today, I just ran along the road a bit.  As I'm still getting over my cold and haven't run for a week, I decided to just run out for 1.5 miles and then turn back again.  Even though it was along a road, the road was really quiet and in the whole three miles only one car passed me so I didn't mind it.  Plus we saw a couple of deer and some massive hares during the run too so that made it worthwhile.

Ruby was being a bit of a slow coach again.  I'm getting a bit worried about her to be honest.

Total distance - 3 miles

Week's total distance - 3 miles

After we got back from our run, Duncan went out on his bike for a short ride into Garilston so I drove there with Ruby to meet him and we went for a play on the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment