Friday 28 March 2014

Loch Trool and Corsewall Lighthouse

We went back towards Glentrool again today as I absolutely love it there and wanted to run another of the waymarked routes.  This time I chose the green route, which started from 'Bruce's Stone'.


It was a really tough route actually and was very undulating.  It started with a lot of downhill which made me realise that meant that the return to the car park would be a lot of uphill!

It started off through some woodland but then opened out to the Loch.




The route took me all the way around Loch Trool and through lots of forest paths.  It was again mostly stones underfoot so I'm glad I didn't take Ruby with me as it wouldn't have been nice on her paws.

The last mile of the run, as expected, was all uphill and was along a road back to the car park so I was pretty knackered by the time I got back to the car and definitely in need of more cake at the cafe!

Total distance - 5.95 miles


Speaking of cake, this holiday I have averaged two cakes a day which I'm not proud of.  I'm dreading getting on the scales when I get home as I must have put on at least half a stone!

Later on today we had a drive around the coast north of Stranraer and we stumbled upon the Corsewall Lighthouse where we stopped for tea and shortbread.  The Lighthouse is actually a hotel but is a bit pricey with the room prices, off-season, ranging from £80 per person per night to £115 per person per night.  I'd love to stay there though and some of the rooms allow dogs!  Think we'd have to save up quite a bit for that though.



Finally, I just have to share this picture of Ruby on our way home from Scotland, curled up in the back of the car among all our luggage.  She looks so comfortable.





No comments:

Post a Comment