Sunday 30 March 2014

Building Trust

Long run day for me and Ruby today.

We set off from home and went straight up onto George's Lane via Wilderswood.  Less than five minutes after leaving the house, I realised that I was wearing far too many clothes so I stopped and removed my OMM smock, my gloves and my buff so I was just wearing a t-shirt and leggings and really regretting my decision not to have worn shorts.  It was boiling!

From George's Lane we climbed up to the Pike then back down onto George's Lane and all the way along to Rivington Road.  We crossed over and ran down the road a bit before turning into 'Old Rachel's' and making our way to Lead Mines Clough.  Once there we climbed up to Bomber Memorial and I stopped to take a couple of photos...



Ruby admiring the view...


As you can see from the above picture, I didn't have Ruby on the lead for the vast majority of this run.  It was a little daunting but she wasn't overly badly behaved.  When we saw other dogs in the distance I made her stop and 'wait'.  She did quite well but then gave in to her urges and jetted off towards the dogs and wouldn't come back to call.  Luckily she didn't snap at any of them, which she occasionally does, so no confrontations took place.  It's really frustrating because she's so happy off the lead and it makes running better for both of us but I just don't 100% trust her yet and I don't trust her in the slightest around sheep.

We continued upwards and ran along through the woods for a while, before turning back and down into Lead Mines Clough.

We then ran down the road and along to the side of Yarrow Reservoir before dropping into Rivington and running up to the top barn, then along the trail back home.

Total distance - 11 miles

Week's total distance - 27.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment