Friday 7 March 2014

The Quiet Before the Storm

There are a couple of days missing from my blog this week and the reason is that I had Wednesday down as a rest day and yesterday I was going to do a hill session.  I was all geared up for it but then Duncan rang with a better offer - the pub in Tockholes where the beer is cheap before 7pm on a Thursday.  At first I resisted and was adamant I was going to do the hill session but then I made a decision... I'm going to give myself a break until the first of April.  I go on holiday soon and when I get back I'm going to get into some really intense training.  I'm determined to get faster and I figure that fresh from my holiday would be a great place to start so, until then I'm going to just enjoy myself.  Obviously I'll still be running, just as I am now, but I'm just not going to beat myself up if I miss a session.  Come April though, I won't be missing any sessions without very good reason, the pub not coming into this category.  Duncan, you have been warned!

Tonight's run just took us along to the barn, to the pigeon tower car park and then a zig zag up to the pigeon tower.  We then ran up the Pike via the steep grassy route to the side of the steps.  From there we went down onto George's Lane which some scumbags have decided to tip all sorts of rubbish along.  TVs, bags of plaster, chipboard, mop buckets, you name it.  I don't in any way defend this disgusting behaviour but I think Bolton Council have a lot to answer for, closing all the tips.

After being disgusted at all the rubbish, we then ran along to the top of Old Rake and back home.

Total distance - 5.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment