Monday 4 June 2018

Week 22 - Peace and Quiet

Wednesday, 30 May


On the way to my strength and conditioning session this morning, I decided to park up in Limbrick and go for a run to check out routes I could use to get to the gym on my bike.  I ran along to Cowling Brow and got onto the canal, coming off at the next bridge.  This took me onto a road in a housing estate and when I turned left it came out on Eaves Lane but a little too far along from the gym so I had a trot around the estate and found that there was a cut through I could use which would take me out right near to the roundabout at the end of Eaves Lane.  Before getting back onto the canal, I decided to carry on along the road which became very rural and crossed over the motorway.  It seemed to go on for a while so I turned back and made a note to check it out on maps to see where it leads to.  I then got back onto the canal and ran along to Limbrick - I wouldn't come off the canal at this point on my bike though as it's a footpath through a field but it's just nicer than coming off at Cowling when running. 


My run was actually quite fast for me of late to I arrived at the gym pretty knackered.  Had a good session though.


Total distance - 3 miles




Friday, 1 June


This morning I went for an easy run with Ruby early doors whilst it was cool.  We didn't see a single person on our four mile run and I was able to have Ruby off lead the whole time.  She started really flagging though so I did a bit more walking than I would have liked but it doesn't matter as it's just nice to be out with my little Ruby Dinks. 


Total distance - 4 miles




Saturday, 2 June


This morning I went to the gym for an S&C session and, again, got a PB on my sit to stand.  I can now get up on my right leg whilst carrying 12.5kgs and on my left leg with 7.5kgs.  I'm so impressed with myself as it's really hard work.  There was a lot of loud grunting going on.


Duncan is away in Fort William at the minute with my brother so today I decided to really clean my house.  I was once told that in experiments it was found that people doing vigorous cleaning burned more calories in a day then people doing exercise and that's not wrong.  By around 2pm my shitbit was beeping at me to say that I had reached my 2200 calorie goal for the day.  I usually don't reach this until late evening!


After all my cleaning I sat back and enjoyed my lovely home.  After all, it will only be a couple of days until Duncan comes home and destroys all my hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment