Monday 3 November 2014

Lunchtime Run Along the Canal with Kathryn

As arranged a couple of weeks ago, I met up with Kathryn, a friend who runs for Lostock and works in my building, today for a lunchtime run.

We ran along Canal Street then down onto the Rochdale Canal and all the way along to Old Trafford before looping back round by the side of the River Irwell.

Not often I get into my road shoes but I actually really enjoyed it.  It was a lovely sunny but cool day (although not too cool, I did get quite a sweat on!) and Kathryn was great company.  We had a good natter all the way around and I was surprised by how fresh I was feeling.  I had thought beforehand that I would be really tired running faster than my usual plods with Ruby and that I wouldn't be able to talk through the gasps of breath but I felt great.

It's also really nice to know that by 1.30pm I was done for the day and could have a relaxing evening once I got home.  I did toy with going out with Josie and the gang as well at 6pm as I felt really good all afternoon but a) I haven't got my good head torch yet and b) I was waiting in for a call from my mum about my dad's hip replacement surgery he has had today (I have just this minute spoken to my mum and all has gone well).

Maybe next week I'll double up!  Or is that a bit optimistic?


Total Distance - 5.4 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/215119037/overview (I think the pace is off on the first mile as my Garmin hadn't located a satellite when we set off)

No comments:

Post a Comment