Tuesday 23 December 2014

Herbs and Vitamins

Still lurgied up today but needed to get out for a run as I'm sick of sitting around.  

I have been dosing up on Echinacea and Vitamin C for the past week to try to stop this cold coming out and I think it has worked to a degree as I haven't had the full head cold that everyone around me seems to have had.  I have just gone straight to the chesty cough bit and it's not really that bad of a cough, unlike others.  I know some people thing remedies like this are a waste of time but, even though I have ended up with a cold, I think it would have been much worse had I not been taking them.  

The only problem is that I'm feeling overly tired when running and a bit short of breath.  I didn't want to make myself worse today so I promised myself that I would take it really easy and walk the hills so that's what I did.  I did still find it hard work though and, even though I didn't climb any big hills, I was still getting very tired and short of breath.  


It seemed to do me good in a grim way though as (***the following contains too much information***) I seemed to get rid of a lot of snot whilst running and coughed up a bit of nasty stuff too.  Better out than in!  Sorry about that but I did provide a warning beforehand. 

I am a bit worried that going out running is going to prolong the lurgy but I'm just so sick of sitting around the house.  At the minute I have a big mug of hot Ribena next to me, best thing when you're poorly sick! 

Total distance - 3.5 miles

http://www.strava.com/activities/232073590

No comments:

Post a Comment